Tuesday 16 July 2013

Bitnormal Sampler



After a few months, the Bitnormal release page now stands at 16 seperate releases from 9 different artists. For a new-comer to the page, that's a lot of electronica to get your head around. LAst year I got to a stage with my Mender bandcamp page, where I had created and uploaded so much free music that people were simply put off by how much content was available. This is something I have come to consider when trying to promote our label. How many people arrive at the page with no knowledge of who our artists are and how they sound r indeed, what the over-all feel of the label is like, and are instantly daunted by the scale of our back catalog.

So I had this idea last night. Lets put out a sampler that gives you a taste of the sounds going on with our label. 6 tracks that capture the essence of the artists and offer the listner a bigger picture of Bitnormal.

Inspired by the epic branding elements designed by Pete Clark, I knocked together a cover and put together my own selection of Bitnormal artists and sent it to Chris. Earlier today the Sampler went up. Hopefully it is the first of many. It is totally free (as opposed to Name Your Own Price) and features some stunning remixes alongside some original independant material.

No comments:

Post a Comment