Monday 17 June 2013

Supajam

Last Friday I noticed a call out on this website Supajam for a 30 second version of the song 'Get Together' by The Young Bloods for use in a TV commercial for a  popular food brand in the US. I literally jumped at the chance to have a go at making an advert theme as I rarely do covers for one thing and secondly the brief was challenging. On Saturday I reached a point, round about 6pm, where I realised that my voice was not going to do this piece any justice, or indeed sell this popular food brand's product so I put a call out on Facebook to a talented singer I had recently met called +Katrina Borroff .



The track came together beautifully after that. Her vocals really made it and I managed to submit the track just before the deadline last night.

As well as this, Shep (aka Shep on Bass) finally dropped our debut EP under the name KADE and so part of my first Father's day was also about frantically exchanging emails in order to the tracklisting, write a bio and actually decide on track names!

The EP, entitled 'aphotic love feel' is a slightly unique concept in that it consists of a series of improvised jams (or beatscapes as I like to call them!) rather than structured songs. We aim to market the project as an alternative to having a resident DJ or a mix CD playing in clubs and bars; live, improvised background grooves and ambience if you like. The idea is that if you see us perform, no song will be the same twice.

We put the album out on our pown label Bitnormal Records last night and already we have had some great feedback, which is nice to hear.

Finally, today has seen the release of Karhide's Rough Sleep EP on Bandcamp, Amazon and iTunes. I did a little remix of the title track so it's all a bit exciting to have it out and available on so many popular platforms!

No comments:

Post a Comment