Wednesday 12 June 2013

First Post

So this is my first ever blog post. Of any description....

I wonder whether, for a 30 year old guy in the 00's that is a faux pas? I don't know. I'm pretty sure I don't read any other blogs of anyone I know so maybe it's ok. Blogging definitely sounds like something I should be doing since I am doing a lot!

The other night I showcased a new project I've been working on called KADE which  is a live, improvised, electronic-performance-based type thing featuring myself on laptop and vocals and Shep On Bass. We performed to a select audience at an exclusive album playback for +Boards of Canada's new realease Tommorrow's Harvest. It was great. +Glenn Millington got use of this studio in Derby called Dub:rek and set up some great visuals and ambient lighting (it's all about ambient lighting!) Glenn also performed some of his material live which is great. Shep and I released a couple of his singles on our label Bitnormal Records earlier this year. He performs under the name o_S_k_m, you should totally have a listen cos it's great stuff!

The Bitnormal stuff is going really well, although I'm not sure my skills lie in the administration of a label. I'm trying really hard not to piss Chris off with my terrible organisational skills, coupled with my complete lack of time at home since my daughter was born but it seems like I am slacking on the duties I said I would under-take. the fact is, I am working really hard to stay involved and I have ideas and networks with people that are of real benefit to the label. I think as I adjust to father-hood, I will find a way to fit things in. We have some great artists releasing stuff on the label now and I want to be fully behind it. After all, my second Rysic Cygo album is due out soon and I need the momentum behind me so it doesn't just flop.

Any way...got to go now. More blogging later....

No comments:

Post a Comment