Monday 1 July 2013

Secret Cheeses

Over the weekend I went touring with Hallouminati. I say tour but really it was two shows, one in Brighton on Friday night and a slot at the Crystal Palace Festival on Westow Park.

This project is really interesting as I get try and transfer my skills in electronic performance into a totally different context. These guys play Balkan Ska and infuse it with Greek flavours, Jazz, Swing, Reggea and Rock. It's great fun and never fails to get audiences dancing.

My approach to this has been to infuse some dubstep style effects into the more half-time reggae moments and to add traditional percussion and acoustic instruments into the mix, as well as some big fat sub synths which thicken the mix in the more dancey sections.

I love this band. Their new material is awesome and they deserve to be heard!

No comments:

Post a Comment